Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone home?

My Aunt's cat died on Sunday.
My Mom is in the hospital with pnemonia and bronchitis.
My Dad is home with pnemonia.
My husband is at hockey.
My brother just turned 31 on the 8th and lost an hour of it because of the time change.
My guinea pig has diarrea.
My sister may be moving to Virginia.
My other sister may be going to a new college.
My cat sheds everywhere.
My brother-in-law is engaged and is going to be a dad.

There's lots going on, it seems. Though I don't know the half of it, supposedly. I hear second- hand information from people most of the time anymore. I didn't know about my Aunt's cat until I asked about him. He was my friend and I felt bad to hear that he passed on. I didn't know that that same Aunt was laid off from her job. But I was supposed to know. Through osmosis, I guess.

Then I was told that people in my family are keeping things from me because they didn't think I wanted to know. So I'm kept in the dark on purpose. That makes no sense to me. Why are things being withheld? Aren't I part of the family too?

Should I make a list of things to ask everytime I talk to anyone?

It would go something like this...

"Hello (name- I'll use my Mom as an example)

How are you? How's Dad? How's my sister? How's the dog? So, did anyone die today? How's the living room furniture? How's work? Is the car working? Is the sun shining? Did you brush your teeth today? How are your bowels? Did the mailman bring mail today? What kind of cereal did you have for breakfast this morning?

Uh huh. Oh. Ok. Great. Thanks. Talk to you later."

It is so frustrating that just because I am not in the state that all of the sudden I am not in the know with things happening with my family. I don't understand it. I know that the separation between us does have an affect on communications, but gees. Give me a break. I tell my family when things go on with me. Granted, I may not tell them what I ate for breakfast that day, but I do keep them in the loop. Where's the reciprocation? Bah.

No comments: