Monday, July 09, 2007

It's been a while

I haven't been the best blogger lately. So, as punishment, I'm going to give you a tour of my office. Only the interesting things...

I have a sock monkey on my desk that's holding up a sign that says, "You can't hug your children with nuclear arms." I'll be changing the messages weekly. Next week will be, "Hey! Hey! (I'm a monkey)" Thanks Mrs. Lynch!

I also have a nice sized bouncy ball. You have no idea how often I want to pick it up and throw it down the hallway just for shiggles. It's rainbow swirly colored.

I have a menu on my desk to hire a caterer for an all day meeting in August. I dread it. I'm not a frikkin event planner. I can give two craps about what people eat. But of course there's always going to be someone who doesn't like chicken, or is a vegetarian, or whatever. Pooey on them. Go eat a candy bar from the vending machine. Or go outside and eat grass. Moo.

Anyway, there's a little picture I drew and cut out on my wall of a island with a palm tree during a sunset. Granted the island is purple and the "sand stones" on it are made of whiteout. There's also a polka dot lizard on the tree, chillin out. It says, "I'm taking a mini vacation." and it hangs on the wall between my phone and my computer screen. I wish I could visit that purple island. I think the lizard and I would be good friends.

I have some random origami that I've done over the past 2 years. Open my drawer and you'll see flowers and boxes and cubes and stars and things that I've done out of post-its and paper scraps. I do work, believe me. It just may sound like I don't. I just fold paper to preserve my sanity. Or does my folding paper make me insane? The mind boggles.

I have a purple Miss Piggy mug I use every morning. It says, "Miss Piggy the Divine Swine". My husband has a Fozzie Bear mug at home. You thought I was going to say Kermit, didn't you?

I have real paintings on my walls. And gel frog window clings on my window. And my small collection of pencils in different shapes. I have one in the shape of a cowboy hat, mickey mouse head, umbrella, dollar sign, the aflac duck, a moose head, etc. Very exciting I must say. One day I'll show you my paper clip collection. It would make Bert from Sesame Street jealous. I just have to start to collect them.

And on my keyboard rollout shelf thingy I have a star wars mouse pad and a blue elephant wrist rest. And I have a picture or two of family and my guinea pig. yes. I'm lame enough to have a picture of my guinea pig.

So that's the highlights tour. I skipped the piles of folders and books and my in and out boxes. You may now go back to your normal lives feeling unfulfilled, just like I do looking at this stuff everyday.

No comments: