Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The next episode of Tea Snob and a RPG/WoW/Hockey Widow

For Christmas I bought my hubby some fancy schmancy tea in assorted flavors and a cool teapot that strains the tea leaves and steeps the tea. Anyway, now he's turning into a tea snob. It's funny because he's never been that way before. he likes tea, but would drink whatever's around. Now he's thinking about what flavors he wants me to reorder. And I bought him like ten sampler boxes. His favorite so far- blood orange.
Speaking of ol' sport-o, I was watching Oprah the other day whose episode featured a panel of men: authors, sports dudes, and Jay Leno (go figure) and they were discussing what does on in a man's head. A woman asked what should she do with her husband who's obsessed with golf- she a self proclaimed "golf widow." Then a light went on in my head. I'm a RPG (role playing games)/WoW (World of Warcraft)/Hockey widow. :::Sigh::::
So- Another one bites the dust. Dust in the wind. Wind beneath my wings. Wings on a prayer. You get the idea.
But I realize I'm not alone in this realm of being left by the curb by one's husband as this golf widow is one too and I'm sure there are many many more. So anyway I told Sport-o about my revelation and how that finally breaks down what's been bothering me about our relationship of late. His response--- "I always make time for you." Oh boy. That didn't help. He's just not going to get it, is he? One time I said to him while he's playing WoW that I just wanted to talk to him and chill out. He said that we could talk while he plays.... oooooooooh that makes a girl feel good! I love getting one word answers while watching his character attack a giant spider on the computer screen!(been there done that!)
Even though I am not a worshipper of Oprah, this show did reveal things that made sense about "guys" and my "guy" in particular. Pretty much that men's brains are set up so different than women that no wonder we have problems getting along. Total clash.

You know what I say to that? Boo. It shouldn't be that complicated. Why is it? We're all human, right? The Powers that be always say that communication is the key, but why does the key always seem to be the wrong one?

1 comment:

Me said...

I have access to over 70 different fine teas at very good prices. Let me know what kind he likes (green black herbal red oolong) and I'll send some!

The Oprah is right. Men are wired differently. They think everything is alright as long as nothing is going wrong while we see that something will be totally wrong in the future if it's not worked on now.

It will take an A-bomb to show him what's missing from the relationship and what he stands to lose if it's not corrected. All you can do is try (and keep track of your tries and his response because he will ask you for specifics when you get into the big fights.) You can't really blame or throw it in his face but if he's reasonable you can at least talk about it for rizzle.

Most couples just avoid the tough stuff and they usually don't make it. If you can talk about the hard stuff in a calm manner and feel okay expressing your ideas and opinions then that's half the battle.

But it takes two. I wish I was there to give you a big hug. Maybe your next job should be in Columbus Ohio?

Love ya!