I worry too much.
My friend that I mentioned in Sticky Situation postings has been hired. She'll be moving here in June. I fretted a whole lot about her interview and all the stupid perceptions of her befoe she even came here, but it was pretty much just me reading too much into things. I can't turn my mind off sometimes.
I'm happy for my friend.
I hope I can help her adjust to life in Wyoming. Her future supervisor called her a "city girl" in conversation with me. I looked back at her and thought- well what do you think of me? I'm a "city girl" too. Maybe I don't give off that strong of a vibe. But I didn't say anything. You can take the girl out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the girl! I still love going to malls- it's just now it's considered a treat because we have to drive a few hours to get to one. You save lots of money that way, unless you go crazy with catalogues (which I am guilty of on occasion).
I like peanut butter crackers.
I had them for breakfast, but that's not the point. I feel like I've got lots coming my way this year: friends having babies, getting married, visiting relatives, taking vacations of my own ( who'd a thunk it!), helping a friend adjust to small town Wyoming life, busy work related stuff, talking at symposiums and national parks, family health problems, and the list goes on.
I need to figure out how to do deal with all this stuff! (without worrying too much!)
No comments:
Post a Comment