I walked over to the local grocery store today with a mission. Red peppers were on sale. I wanted red peppers and nothing was going to stand in my way. I walk into the store and there they were in all their glory. I reach for the bag, ready to choose the best ones and it dawns on me. I'm grocery shopping. Me. And I'm looking at produce. Me. I'm a wife. Me. I'm looking in advertisements for items on sale. ME! Whatever happened to the girl who hated grocery shopping with a passion, could care less about cooking, and never cared about saving a few pennies? She's long gone. She was replaced by something called an adult human who cooks dinner at night, goes to the store when she needs milk or eggs, or- gasp- red peppers, and is, dare I say it, responsible?
So this is what adulthood looks like.
1 comment:
LOL. Just wait until you start remembering birthdays for your husband's side of the family and taking care of buying the card and signing his name for him:
Aunt carol,
Happy Birthday to the aunt
who deserves a special day.
We hope love and happiness
come your way.
Love, Eric and Chrissy.
Post a Comment