Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Walking in a mentalmine field

Mentalmine,
As a guy in my workplace says, "Unhappiness is it's own punishment." Keep that in mind while you get back to your old workplace. So many issues came to my head when I read your posting about you returning to your old workplace. No, I didn't experience working there, but from what you've told me over the years, it had it's "shady" points that made you miserable. I understand the need to get those creative juices flowing again--- because you were so good at it and it's a part of you. But proceed with caution. I don't want you to get burned. I also don't want you to limit yourself. Could you find another outlet where your expertise could be used/ developed?
You broke away from it in the first place to use your energies elsewhere. Why go back? You seemed happy, like you were finding yourself and learning about what you wanted and needed and desired. But, I know that "showbiz" has always called you, it's been your vocation whether your parents forced it on you or not.

So, to sound like a broken record, follow your bliss, follow your bliss, follow your bliss.


Thank you. That is all.
:)

1 comment:

Me said...

Every word you say is wise. I am trying to proceed on my own terms this time and not on theirs. It's a matter of not offering anything more than what they pay for. As in, if they are hurting for a sketch and I just so happen to have a great idea, I'm not going to kill myself over getting it right. They want me to do Graphics and costumes and I will stick to that. There are other places to use my talents, but they are all freelance and that means I have to keep a day job as well as long afternoon hours and late evenings here and there. I spent about two weeks on four hours of sleep a day and I can't do that. If I didn't have kids I could live on freelance alone but it's not a guarrantee. This way I get a steady paycheck AND I get to do something creative. It's for purely selfish reasons that I am doing this and hopefully I can remember that and not try to be a pleaser.