Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Time for me to fly

I have these grandiose visions of Sport- o and me going to these luxurious places, just taking trips on a whim to California, Seattle, Europe, wherever. I get these ideas that I get so carried away with, and get so excited about that I'm blinded by the fact that Sport-o has no desire to do these spontaneous endeavors. I had this idea years ago when I got into college that I wanted to see the world, go to museums and parks and sites that I'd never go see while stifled in my native Pittsburgh home, and to just enjoy the fun and spontaneity of the adventure. My other half, though, always brings me back into reality, keeps me grounded from just purchasing seats on a plane and reserving hotel rooms. What it boils down to isn't just that Sport-o doesn't want to do it, it's that he's a cheap ass. He reminds me how much this stuff would cost and our current stage of bill paying and our credit card rates.
I just sigh and beat myself up. Another delusion. But then in a few weeks I come up with another adventure...

1 comment:

Me said...

I can't tell you how many times I have felt trapped by my current situation. I find myself wishing I Chris didn't have kids so I could move anywhere. I think about having not ever dated him so I could be free to pay for my own stuff and go where I wanted. I think about snagging a rich guy who's always gone and how I can travel without him to anywhere and buy anything without having to work. I picture the princess life. I picture the world travler style. Then I come home and Chris says he doesn't have enough for rent and there goes the new pair of shoes I needed to buy. I don't have an answer for this. I just know I do it too.