Friday, April 28, 2006

Felt a little Old today

I feel a little "old" today so I'm going to put this in big print so old people like me can read it. Why you ask? Because songs that I enjoyed as a teenager are now being played on classic rock stations. Man, I was bummed listening to the radio today. I used to pride myself in listening to music "before my time." In fact, my mother used to say how I should listen to music from my generation rather than hers. I would just laugh and play my Beatles cds. I also listened to good ol' classic rock stations, but also would change the station to hear some new stuff on a more modern station, you know, when groups like Green Day and Weezer were new. But now some of the songs from "my time" are now considered classic. Oh what a cruel world, what a cruel, cruel world. There has to be some kind of irony here. Anyway- I digress. I don't only feel old, I feel like I lost time somewhere. High school and college flew by and are just now old memories. What is left but photos and school loans. Got a job, got married, got bills to pay and it sucks! So, with the help of my wonderful younger and much more "down wit dat" sister, I will be getting an edumication about modern music. Yeah-dawg. I'm keepin' it real, ya know what I'm sayin'?

I think I'm stuck in the middle- I'm young, but I'm not young enough. And I'm not getting any younger. So give me some orthopedic shoes and turn up the tv so I can watch my stories!

2 comments:

Me said...

Change the batteries in your hearing aid Alma! You're only old when you get excited about tapioca pudding night and get pissed that a youngster beat you at UNO on volunteer night. can you imagine being in an old folks home listening to Nirvana? So you're not old you're a classic. ^_^ Oops. I crapped my pants.

Spifficus said...

Yeah- let's get down and boogie in the old folks home to Smells Like Teen Spirit. OH I can see it now!