We got ourselves a little pet this weekend. A cute little cavie/guinea pig that was dubbed Mr. Frodo by my LOTR freak husband whom I'll call "Sport-O." Frodo is his little buddy. He already has him sqeaking and purring. If we ever get him a friend, that piggy will be named Samwise. :) If you don't know what I'm talking about pick up a book, or watch the movies. Believe me, it's not hard. But getting another one is for another day. One at a time. Gee- Sounds like kids. Well, this is a dress rehearsal for getting kids I suppose.
Anyway- I told my family about our new addition and we couldn't believe the reactions we've gotten. Negative reactions. It's so strange. People think that these little critters are mean and yucky. Nothing like stereotyping the poor little guy. He didn't do anything wrong except for pee on Sport-O the first day we got him. All that matters is that Sport-O will enjoy having a little buddy at home while he works away at his business all day, just as long is Frodo doesn't start to chew on the pewter figurines he paints.
It would've been too hard to have a dog or a cat because we don't live in a very big apartment, plus with the traveling we do, that would make it more difficult to bring our pets around. We've already got a cavie sitter lined up for the next time we go out of town, so problem solved. Unless- they let their cats "play" with Frodo....
1 comment:
Long live Sport-O! I know Samwise and agree whoe heartedly. It's way better that Papua New Guinea. Don't worry about all those haters...G-pigs fo life yo!
Post a Comment