Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Lost It

I'm back Bloggers! It's been too long.

I've been working, working, working, and I've lost my sense of creativity and inspiration. It's terrible. There are days where I work and then I'm a slug when I get home. I know you know the feeling. My back is probably stuck in a slouch permanently from sitting at my crappy desk at work. Yoga stretches help- a little. I think if I went back to my yoga class the instructor would be disgusted by me!

Send me creative thoughts- just like Tinkerbell with clapping. I need it!

So lots of things have happened since I've last blogged. I'll be moving to the Southwest next month to take on a new job. One that I truly, truly hope will be better for my personal outlook on life. It's in a city--- much different than the one horse town I live in now. I'm looking forward to being anonymous again. I'm looking forward to going to malls whenever I want and not worrying about driving 100 miles to get there. If I want to go to Target-- I can go to Target! It's the little things in life that make the world a better place. And one of those little things is THE OPTION TO SHOP WHEREVER I WANT AND IT IS NOT WALMART! BWHA HA HA HA! (that was an evil laugh)

I'm also thinking to turn over a new leaf in my new habitat. I should sign up for classes-- maybe yoga again, or some kind of martial arts! Yeah, that'd be awesome to be able to kick ass like Chuck Norris.

But I feel like we are giving up so much in this move. I have this heavy heart that I just can't seem to ignore. Sport-o is leaving his job and is having a hard time. To me, it's time for both of us to let go, but Sport-o feels like he is leaving one of the things that makes him who he is. And that makes me really sad. We're also leaving a home that we've grown to love. I keep reminding myself it's just a place. It's just walls, but it's still hard. I feel like the villagers from Fiddler on the Roof. I'll be singing Anatevka on moving day, probably with tears in my eyes. But I'm not being forced out, I'm leaving on my own.

It's funny because there were many times that I decided that I did not like the town I lived, but when you stay there for 6 1/2 years, you do develop a certain fondness for the place. And when thinking about leaving the sights, sounds, and people, it's bittersweet.

Enough of this melancholy! It's time to get excited!

No comments: