Friday, May 07, 2010

Long overdue

Sorry its been a while blog fans.

I've been busy, what can I say?

I've actually become a little more sure of myself lately. I can't help but be cautious, because its my nature, but for once I'm comfortable in my shoes (literally and figuratively).

Now I'm thinking about big things coming up at work that may kill the little bit of boost I gained on myself. My boss who is on leave will be visiting in a few weeks. All my personal advancements may go out the window the second she walks through the door.

I don't want someone to have that "power" over me. As Eleanor Roosevelt supposedly said, "nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission." But yet I feel like I give it freely subconsiously. I turn into a doormat--- go ahead--- walk all over me. All you type a personalities don't know what you do to us "other" personalities!!!!

I can't do that now. I can't! I just can't! But how can I prevent it from happening?????

Ugh.

2 comments:

Me said...

Well first you kill a very large duck. Then you make a coat out of it. Then design a machine that turns all of the boss' words into drops of water and stand under her while she talks so it can all roll off of your back.

Or, since I felt bad for the duck, wear a wet suit and snorkel.

She will come in and she will nit pick but it's for two reasons 1) she will be reminding the museum why they need her for her own job security's sake and 2) people like to make other people feel very small. Although I like to make people feel big so I feel small and can eat ice cream and cookies whenever I want.

So when she walks in expect it, listen, and then when she walks out the door that's your chance to show the museum they need YOU. Because they do. I am hoping however that she is nicer and thankful seeing as how YOU made it possible for her to leave in the first place....

But walking in in a wet suit can't hurt...right? It's performance art. :-p

Spifficus said...

Thanks. I needed that. :)