Saturday, June 06, 2009

The little things

I've been stressed with my job lately.

That's an understatement.


But anyway, I'm sitting here trying to think of what to do since I'm not at work. Should I clean my house, read a book, put a movie on the tv, or what. As I moved toward the computer, the same room as the guinea pig and his little house, I stopped and tapped on his igloo. He greeted me like I was the most important thing in the whole world. (Because he thought I was bringing him a treat, but that's not the point.) And my cat came in the room as I sat down and logged on to my blog, and she jumped on my lap. Again, like I was the most important thing in the world. She's still sitting here, nudging me along as I type. It really feels nice.

So it made me think about those little things that I forgot to do lately. I need to just sit still and realize what's going on around me. Not worry about what to do or who to impress. I know I'll still do that, it's just my nature, but at least I have a couple of critters that know I'm a warm lap to cuddle on, or a hand that feeds them.

And that makes me feel good. It's not exactly "Stop and smell the roses" but more like, "make sure you take the time to chill or you'll lose sight of things".

1 comment:

Me said...

Animals are the best things in the world. I'm glad that you have them to make you feel human. Funny how that works!