Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Boomerang toomerang zoomerang

Deep Thoughts

Happy 2008. I survived another year. My Mom's visit wasn't too bad. We did simple things like make a turkey dinner and watch movies. A few times I was criticized for not buying a house and not going to get my PhD, but that was to be expected. So, in other words, I lived to tell another tale.

I'm reading a book called Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog. I friend of mine at work is taking a Native American class and suggested it. Whoa- big dose of reality for me. It's written as a first person perspective of a Native American woman's life. A disturbing but fascinating read.

My good ol' friend from PA who lived in China and Korea is now back in North America. That girl is like a nomad. I have no idea where she'll land next. I'm going to surprise her. More about that to come in future postings.

I got a new cell phone for Christmas that is total crap. I went to the wireless store today and their way of helping me was to call the customer service line. So I pretty much got to use their phone. They are going to send me a new battery. Yippee. I also bought a case for this wonderful phone--- pretty much so when I throw it out of frustration it won't be destroyed.

Speaking of phones, I never realized until recently how difficult it is to arrange to talk to someone just to chat. When I was younger, I would call up a friend and it would be easy. Now, I have to arrange for a phone call- to make time. It's weird, but it's reality I guess. The two hour time difference between PA and OH to WY is a bitch to start off, then people are busy, then time gets away from you. Oh well. There's always email and voicemail, right?

Sport-o is back in school for another semester. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this won't be too bad. Night classes and not too much traveling should help. We shall see.

One of my friends got herself a hobby. She's now painting like Bob Ross, using his paints n' everything. That's nice n'all, but I sort of want to gag about it. She wants all this praise for it like it's the greatest thing. But I'm glad she's doing something with herself.

I'm going to take a yoga class at work.

It's cold outside.

"To Be With You" by Extreme is stuck in my head. Make it stop. Please, make it stop.

No comments: