Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Strife is O'er!

I finished my history of Wyoming class. Yay! I must say I learned a lot about Wyoming, the land of my.. er....the land of ..... the cowboy sta.... oh you get my point.

So now on to better and bigger and more important things- aka my hubby. I've decided to devote more time in the new year to his business as the silent partner and assistant. He needs my help more than ever and I think because of this dinky class we've lost some ground. "We have much to do, and less time to do it in" like Robin Hood said in "Men in Tights."

First thing's first though, Christmas. I'm about ready. Sport-o has some secretive things to do (while I'm at work) so I await with anticipation for what I get in my stocking on the 25th. We're also numbed with enthusiasm about a visitor who will visit us in the brand spankin' new year! My Mom! I'll keep the world posted with this one!

Well, if I don't post before Christmas of New Year- Happy Holidays to everyone who reads my blog. You know who you are.

I close with some quotes from "Christmas Vacation"

Chevy Chase (Clark): "Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse. "
------
(and my fave...)

"Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is. Hallelujah. Holy shit. Where's the Tylenol?"

No comments: