So I've been working on these origami star ornaments for my Gram's ladies' group Christmas party. I bought special silver and gold paper to do it. It takes 13 sheets of paper (they are 3 x 3 inches I might add) to make these. Now I don't mind doing it, because I like doing projects and origami, but now at every moment I'm plopped down on the couch I have been folding away. And it's becoming a habit. A strange habit.
When I have some down time I feel like I have to be folding something. Just gatta be doing something with my hands, ya know? (nothing funny, you perv) When I made my sister's wedding gift, an embriodery thing, I worked for months in my spare time with a needle and thread. After I was finished I felt so restless- like I should be threading a phantom needle during commercials when I am chillin' in front of the tube. Now, I feel like I should be folding paper. Go figure.
And the funny thing is, that after I'm done with the origami, I will be working on my mother's request: embriodering holiday napkins. And lots of 'em. Yay me.
In my husband's spare time, when he's not painting his miniatures, he gets to play on his computer World of Warcraft, or playing on his playstation 2. Me- I'm an old lady and "do my sewing." Maybe I'll turn my interests elsewhere. My new thing should be somethin' cool. How's about becoming an international sensation in the world of internet porn?
No comments:
Post a Comment