Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My new addiction

I have become totally addicted to ordering from catalogs. No, not to the sense that I'm broke or have boxes of junk all over the apartment, but I'm getting there. I live where there aren't too many stores to go shopping. I've got to drive 100 miles to the nearerst city. So most shopping is done at Wally World or a smaller Ma n' Pa shop. Being raised as a city girl, I need variety. So I've been getting some things here and there by mail. Which, once you order and they have your name, the other catalog companies decide to send you their catalogs and so on and so on. So just about everyday I have a new catalog to look through. And it's so hard to not open it up and want to spend $100 on stuff for Christmas or some holiday in the more distant future. So I debate and debate- oh what to buy- should I hold off and find it next time I'm in the city? Is this a good deal? should I buy it now or hold off? Will it fit? Will this look cheesy? Will we have a place for it? Back and forth. And the cycle goes on.
But with all this ordering it made me think. My sister just had a bridal shower and is having an upcoming wedding and she pretty much has everything she will need and more. I didn't have that luxury as people just gave me money and said adios. Now I'm not jealous, but it would have been nice to have a blender or something that I don't have to worry about buying now. (I've broken 2 blenders this year already) But I chose to move away taking very little with me. But as I look at our cheap pan set from Wally World, I dream of a Farberware set or the like someday. ::::sigh::: a girl's gatta dream.

2 comments:

Me said...

Thanks! Now I know what to getyou for your anniversary next year. Farberwear!

If you're into catalogs I could introdice you to a company with all kinds of quality items for your home, health, and body that could even turn into residual income for you and Eric. It's quality stuff you already buy but healthier for you and the enviroment, delivered to your door, and cheaper by comparison. Let me know chica!

Spifficus said...

lemme guess... Melaleuca? Sure pass me the info.