A couple of posts ago I pasted a picture from David's Bridal of the bridesmaid's dress for my sister's wedding. Well, I have a bit of an issue. What color of shoes would match that? I can go get a pair of shoes dyed that celery green color, but I'd never wear them again and it would be a royal waste. The other color on the dress, the rum colored sash, is another possibility, but the same issue. I'd probably never wear the shoes again. My sister, the bride, said she didn't care what color or type of shoe. I teased that I was going to wear metallic red cowboy boots. Now I'm not so sure I was actually teasing, because they sound good to me right now. : )
Now I'm debating what the heck would match. Cream, maybe? I think I'll go barefoot. It probably doesn't matter what I wear for shoes anyway- everyone should be paying attention to the bride, afterall, but I am in a fix. If I get dyeables, I have to drive 100 miles to the nearest payless to order them. Then a few weeks later, drive back to pick them up. Let alone paying for the dumb things to only be worn once.
Weddings are expensive!!!! I don't know how I got through mine paying as much as we did. I'm very thankful for that. Now for my sister's: I got the dress, the shoes, my husband has to rent a tux (he's in the wedding too, against his wishes I must add) and we have to pay for our trip to PA, and then there's the wedding gift! Ha!
Oh well, I might as well enjoy it while I can! You only go to your sister's wedding once! (well, hopefully!)
1 comment:
I would say you could get away with a soft pink/beige colored shoe, since it's summer you'll find comfy sandals in those shades with a nice wooden heel that you can wear when it's hot out. Those pretty flat beaded shoes that you see everywhere would be cool too, in a deeper color than the dress. I would go with sandals since you're more likely to find places and times to wear those since they're not as dressy. But a nice pair for yourself at victoriasecret.com and then you don't have to drive anywhere. Be prepared for people to not like your shoe choice no matter what you pick, mainly because there's so much overwhelming-ness at big events that people feel out of control so they pick on things they feel they can handle, like someone's show style. Ugh.
Post a Comment