Friday, February 17, 2006




Why "Wyo Hues"?

I was asked, what does "Wyo Hues" mean?

It has a trifold of meanings. Being new to the western landscape of Wyoming, I have experienced new colors, sounds, smells, and places. To see places like Yellowstone National Park, the Rocky Mountains, the vast landscapes, and the wildlife are so fresh and new to me, and I am enjoying it. These "hues" have had a large impact on me, being from the mid-atlantic, aka Western Pennsylvania, and its drastically different physical features, seeing Wyoming opened my eyes to a new world.
Wyoming has also helped me see the "hues" within myself. I have a new sense of independence, to be the only person in my family to move this far away, and to discover the world totally on my own. I started an entirely new life: I graduated from college with my MA, married a few weeks later, and two days after that moved 1700 miles away for a job opportunity I couldn't refuse. We packed up the truck and moved, saying goodbye to the life we once knew, to start another. We had no idea what would be ahead of us. Using "hues" as a synonym to "discoveries," I am still finding these new hues within myself.
And as a final "shade" of my Wyo hues, it is a play on words. When you say it, it sounds like "Y-O-Us." YOU are invited to read this blog, make any comments you'd like, and come back again!

No comments: