I'm on medication that makes me stupid sometimes. I hate it. I hate it when I can't think of a simple word, as much as I know what that word is it can't come to mind when I need it to be there. The synapsis within my brain is just not fast enough. I hate being forgetful-- moreso than my normal level of forgetfulness. I hate not being able to concentrate on daily tasks. I find myself sometimes staring at my fingers not knowing what I was doing just a moment before. Though it disrupts my life sometimes, it's not always, and it's not extreme, but it still bothers me. I'm not who I used to be. Hardly anyone notices these things, but I do.
But without the medication I would be in a lot of pain. So I have to choose: be stupid or be in so much pain that I can't talk, eat, sleep, or smile. Hmmm... guess I'll take the stupid.
No comments:
Post a Comment