Friday, February 06, 2009

February

It always seemed to me that February came in like a race car and out like a.... well...race car. You barely knew it flew past you. But I like February. It's the month I was born, Valentine's day is always a plus, many of my friends birthdays are near mine, and there's always some monster truck rally that comes to town. I always wanted to check those out and never did. They always come around my birthay. Oh well.

February will come and go. People often decide to cram things into this little month. Growing up I'd rarely get my birthday cake or presents on my birthday. My parents would put it off until a week or two later, or even wait until my brother's birthday which was in March. We were busy with all sort of activities. It was ok with me then, but now I realize I was jipped! Getting those "shared" or stale birthday cakes was a sham! I want restitution!

But I digress. But February is a good month. It's like a little puppy dog that you pat on the head and say "good boy." Weather is a bit unpredictable but you can have some warm days and some snow days. People are also coming out of the Christmas funk a month after they realize how maxed out their credit cards are and started to pay them off. People also start to look toward spring. I just kinda like how it's stuck in the middle... not dead Winter but not too close to Spring either. The month just moves along; that obedient puppy dog!

And February is unique because of the way it's spelled and said. You must emphasize how you say it to be clear. Otherwise you sound stupid.

I like February. That is, until it pees on the floor.

1 comment:

The American Day Dreams said...

(this is MentalMine BTW) In a way February feels like the true end of the year because it houses the deepest winters but with promises of spring. I've seen geese and robins and the morning doves have come back to next in my tree. I think it's the sweetest month ^_^ I just want you to know I have been collecting things for your birthday since Christmas (just some fun stuff) so look forward to getting a package! It's not a cake but it's something just for you. ^_^ No one should have to share a birthday unless they are born on the same day...obviously....Ha ha! I can't wait fr you to get this stuff!!!