Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Aftershocks

So last week was extremely stressful. This week is like the total opposite. It's quiet, it's calm. It's like we're inside the eye of a hurricane or something. huh. I just used an annoying simile. I'm sick of similies and metaphors.
At work the "powers that be" are referring to a tsunami and the wave effects. I've also heard the whole "we'll give you a bite of the apple," bit, the "we're a mile wide and an inch deep"routine, among other classics. Gag Gag.
So I'm joining in on this new phenomenon- or should we say, "jumping on the band wagon." What is a band wagon anyway? I said yesterday to my boss if there have been any "aftershocks" to last weeks meetings. While I said it I cringed on the inside a wee bit. I hate that kind of jargon- especially when it's coming out of my mouth. Just say what you think in plain english. Once in a while it's ok- but not with EVERYTHING.

No comments: